Did You Know...
- An unspayed dog, her mate and offspring have the potential to produce up to 67,000 puppies in 6 years!
- An unspayed cat, her mate and offspring, producing two litters/year could produce over 94,000 kittens in 10 years!
- Each year 5-9 million pets enter shelters resulting in euthanasia to be one of the leading causes of death in dogs and cats.
- US taxpayers spend up to $2 billion each year on services to collect, house, destroy, and dispose of unwanted animals.
Reasons to Spay/Neuter
- Spaying/neutering is cheaper than a caring for a litter of puppies or kittens and cheaper than housing animals in shelters.
- Spaying/neutering reduces the number of animals going into shelters.
- Spaying/neutering may minimize or eliminate the risk of some cancers, thus increasing the lifespan of your pet.
- Spaying/neutering may reduce or prevent unwanted behaviors such as roaming and marking.
- Spaying/neutering can reduce aggression in some animals.