North Carolina Livestock Vesicular Stomatitis (VS) Import Requirements
Current states positive for VS: Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. To view the latest updates and see which counties are positive please go to the USDA website.
- "Livestock" means any hoofed animal, to include bovines, sheep, goats, swine, camelids (New and Old World), and horses and other members of the Equidae family.
- No Extended Equine Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (EECVI) are allowed from infected states. EECVIs will be allowed when a quarantine has been lifted from a state.
All livestock from an infected State, but not from a county under quarantine for VS
- Follow normal North Carolina entry requirements per administrative code.
All livestock from an infected State and a county that contains a premises quarantined for VS
- Any livestock entering NC from a county that contains a premises quarantined for VS shall be accompanied by an ICVI dated within 14 days of entry with the statement:
All animals identified on this Interstate Certificate of Veterinary Inspection have been inspected and found to be free from clinical signs of vesicular stomatitis.
- An entry permit is also required and can be obtained by calling 919-707-3250.
Posted: May 28, 2020