The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services has a wide variety of programs and services to help businesses. NCDA&CS employees work directly with business owners every day. In addition, the department:
- Supports local businesses through consultations, inspections and marketing efforts.
Marketing Division, Food and Drug Protection Division, Agronomic Services Division, Plant Industry Division, Standards Division
- Ensures accuracy of all commercial weighing and measuring devices, such as scales and gas pumps.
- Conducts forest inventories to track changes to the amount, quality and health of vital forest resources.
N.C. Forest Service
- Monitors the health of livestock and poultry to keep flocks and herds free of diseases that can affect international trade.
- Helps open new domestic and international markets.
- Provides support through Good Agricultural Practices and phytosanitary certifications.
Plant Industry Division, Marketing Division
- Monitors state and federal legislation for potential impacts to agriculture and agribusiness.
- Promotes N.C. food products through the "Got to Be NC" and "Goodness Grows in NC" marketing programs.