March 26, 2020 – Several counties in North Carolina have issued “shelter-in-place” orders. Our diagnostic laboratory system is designated essential as we safeguard North Carolina’s agriculture, agribusiness, and animal health. We continue to operate with as many people as possible and functional given this unprecedented global health event although testing services and turn-around times may be impacted.
- During this time, we ask clients to send only samples for which diagnostics will play a critical role in the treatment and/or management of a patient/population.
- As a Tier 1 NAHLN laboratory we will continue our mission to support diagnostics for foreign animal and other high consequence diseases.
- Please call prior to submitting an animal for necropsy as based on priority and staffing non-essential necropsies may not be available/offered. Priority is established based on zoonotic risk, population health, animal abuse cases, insurance cases, and diagnostic challenges/unknowns.
- Our processes have changed for receipt of in-person submissions to promote appropriate social distancing and minimize opportunities for disease transmission. Please follow directions at the laboratory when you arrive.
- Clients should expect a delay in test results.
- Business hours will remain unchanged at this time.