Skip Navigation



New Animal Disease Traceability Framework (PDF)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is registering my premises mandatory? Answer
Q. Does obtaining a premises identification number (PIN) obligate me to identify my animals? Answer
Q. Is there a fee for registering my premises? Answer
Q. Why am I unable to submit my premises registration form online? Answer
Q. If I have registered in the Scrapie program am I automatically registered in the NCFarmID program? Answer
Q. I lost my PIN, how do I find out what it is? Answer
Q. Where can I find more information on animal traceability? Answer
Q. What Forms of Identification Will be Used? Answer
Q. Who Will Pay for the Identification System? Answer
Q. Where Do Producers Get Premises Identification Numbers? Answer
Q. Do Horse Owners Have to Eartag Their Horses? Answer
Q. Where Do Producers Get Official Animal Identification Numbers? Answer
Q. What is "Commingling"? Answer
Q. What are You Doing to Ensure the Privacy of Ranchers' and Farmers' Records? Will Information Collected for the advancing of animal disease traceability be Exempted from the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)? Answer
Source: Factsheet Veterinary Services September 2004 APHIS
Download Registration Form

NCDA&CS Veterinary Division, Dr. Michael Martin - State Veterinarian
Mailing Address: 1030 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1030
Physical Address: 2 West Edenton Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
Phone: (919) 707-3250 Fax: (919) 733-2277

How can we make this page better for you?
Contact the NCDA&CS

Found a bug? Have a suggestion? Fill out the form below and we'll take a look!

Your Name:
Your E-mail:
Question or Comments:

Back to top

Get Email Alerts

Stay up to date with NCDA&CS. Sign up to receive the latest news and upcoming events via email.