Ag people in the news
Members of the N.C. Soybean Producers Association elected its officers for 2015. Jeff Peed of Aurora was elected president, John Fleming of Scotland Neck was elected vice president, Jeff Tyson of Nashville will serve as secretary and Bernard Lennon of Evergreen will serve as treasurer.
The group also elected the following directors.
- Greg Manning of Nashville representing Edgecombe, Halifax and Nash counties;
- Reggie Strickland of Mt. Olive representing Duplin County;
- Philip Sloop of Mt. Ulla representing Alexander, Catawba, Cleveland, Davie, Davidson, Iredell, Lincoln, Randolph and Rowan counties;
- Logan Watson of Monroe representing Gaston, Mecklenburg and Union counties;
- Jason Starnes of Salisbury representing Alexander, Catawba, Cleveland, Davie, Davidson, Iredell, Lincoln, Randolph and Rowan counties;
- Ryan Kennedy of Hope Mills representing Cumberland and Harnett counties;
- Sydney Edwards Dunn of Edenton representing Johnston County;
- David Heath of Dover representing Carteret, Craven, Jones, Onslow and Pamlico counties;
- Michael McPherson of Mebane representing Alamance, Caswell, Durham, Forsyth, Granville, Orange, Person, Rockingham and Stokes counties;
- Ryan Cahoon of Fairfield representing Bertie, Chowan, Dare, Tyrell and Washington counties;
- Wesley Johnson of Dobson representing Surry and 24 other western counties.