Skip Navigation


Agricultural Review

On the Horizon

Farm-City Week is an opportunity to celebrate the connection between the farmers and ranchers and the consumers who rely on them for food and fiber. This year, Farm-City Week will be celebrated Nov. 16-22, with events planned in communities across the state and nation.

Today, less than 2 percent of the world population feeds the remaining 98 percent. As we approach the holidays and prepare to gather with families and friends, don't forget to take a minute to thank a farmer for the food he has provided.

North Carolina farmers produce many items you will find on the Thanksgiving table. Here are some traditional foods for thought that make North Carolina a leader in production nationally: Ham, turkey, sweet potatoes, Irish potatoes, corn, eggs, cucumbers/pickles and dairy products.


NCDA&CS Public Affairs Division, Andrea Ashby, Director
Mailing Address:1001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh NC 27699-1001
Physical Address: 2 West Edenton Street, Raleigh NC 27601
Phone: (919) 707-3001; FAX: (919) 733-5047

How can we make this page better for you?
Contact the NCDA&CS

Found a bug? Have a suggestion? Fill out the form below and we'll take a look!

Your Name:
Your E-mail:
Question or Comments:

Back to top

Get Email Alerts

Stay up to date with NCDA&CS. Sign up to receive the latest news and upcoming events via email.