Tropical Storm Fred Disaster Response
The Division has created an online survey form to collect Tropical Storm Fred disaster response information for allocation purposes.
Eligible Counties per the Governor's major disaster request to the President include: Avery, Buncombe, Haywood, Madison, Translyvania, Watauga and Yancey.
Soil and Water Conservation Commission Approved:
- Policy waiver to permit grazing or harvesting of crops on acres affected by ACSP contracts for conservation cover, cover crop, crop residue management, and nutrient scavenger crop as needed to supplement lost forage.
- Policy waiver to the Prohibition of Post-Approval of Contracts policy for best management practices funded through the Tropical Storm Fred Disaster Response Funding code back to the date of the storm, August 17, 2021.
- Authorized the Division Director to approve additional policy waivers to respond to this disaster if needed between Commission meetings.
- Authorized the Division Director to approve Agriculture Cost Share Program allocations in between Commission meetings using parameters set in 02 NCAC 59D .0103 to speed the availability of resources to program participants.
- Approve refunding Agriculture Cost Share Program contingency funding should additional appropriations for disaster response become available.
Approved Best Management Practices (BMPs)
Disaster Livestock Stream Crossing
Disaster Pasture/Hayland Renovation - Revised
Complete this worksheet for road repair BMPs: Non-Field Farm Road Assessment
Design worksheet for road culverts: Farm Road Culvert Design Sheet