Structural Pest Control Section
Online Structural Certification Exams
Note: If you are preregistering to take the certification exam, you must first have attended the NCDA&CS Registered Technician School or approved equivalent training. If approved equivalent training applies to you, you must submit proof of such training with your preregistration form.
Read Carefully Before Attempting an Online Exam
- For online exams, the standard NCDA&CS fees still apply as well as an additional $26 online testing service charge per exam. In person, paper exams are still available with no additional fee service charge.
- All online exam sessions are monitored, recorded, and reviewed by a third-party proctoring service. Tentative exam results will be provided immediately upon completion of the exam, but the score's validity will be certified pending after a successful review of the exam session.
- Please ensure that your computer meets the technical specifications required before you purchase an exam.
- You need to use a regular computer (Windows 7+/MacOS 10.11+ computer or laptop). You cannot take the exams from mobile devices (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Android device,etc.). Please review the Proctorio Minimum System Requirements.
- Mac Users: You will need to grant screen sharing permissions in your Security and Privacy settings.
- You will need to have Internet Speed Upload: 1 Mbps and Download: 2 Mbps. Tethering and Hotspots are not supported.
- You need a working webcam and microphone. Your entire face must be visible throughout the entire exam session.
- You need to use a mouse or mouse/track pad to answer the questions.
- You must use Google Chrome web browser & the ProctorioExtension. Install the Proctorio extension for Google Chrome. It takes less than 30 seconds. The exam that requires Proctorio will usually prompt you to install the extension if you need it
Guidelines for Online Testing
- Have a government issued photo ID card available. Your photo ID is required to be clearly visible on the webcam prior to taking the exam.
- You must be in a room, alone, and undisturbed during your entire exam attempt. Proctorio may ask more than once if the program hears noises - the application is trying to ensure there is nobody else in the room.
- A room scan is required. Be prepared to turn the webcam 360 degrees to allow for a full view of the room. In addition to showing the entire room, please include a view of the desktop around your computer keyboard. Using Proctorio is fairly simple. Proctorio walks you through the process as you’re taking the exam, so you do not need to refer to any instructions while using Proctorio.
- Once purchased, you will have 30 days to attempt the exam. Online exam fees are non-refundable.
- Please note that all examinations are “closed book”. Your exam session will be recorded, monitored, and reviewed. Any cheating or assistance from others will NOT be tolerated. If it's determined by SPC&PD that you received any type of assistance or cheated in any way, your exam results for all exams taken during that session will be invalid, exam fees forfeited, and you will be suspended from taking online exams for one year.
- Any use of calculators, notes, scratch paper, dictionaries, or other reference materials not provided to you within the exam session is strictly prohibited. Embedded within the exam is an electronic calculator and scratch paper.
- If the SPC&PD determines that you violated ANY of the above guidelines, your exam session will be disqualified, and you are subject to a 1-year ban from additional online testing
- Exam study reference materials, including purchasing options, can be found here: Structural Pest Control Exam Study Materials
ONLINE STRUCTURAL CERTIFICATION EXAM REGISTRATION FORM
Please fill out the registration form and click SAVE to save the form as it is called,"OnlineExamRegistrationForm_v2.pdf". Please DO NOT PRINT out and manually complete form. Please type your name at the signature line.
Email completed form as an attachment to StructuralExams@ncagr.gov
Your registration will be processed in 1-2 business days. Once processed, you will receive an email from Everblue with further instructions.If you experience technical difficulties during your exam, please contact Everblue at 888-502-8151 or firstname.lastname@example.org