NCDA&CS COVID Swine and Dairy Program Application Information
Through S.L. 2021-180 (2021 Appropriations Act) the North Carolina General Assembly established the North Carolina Swine and Dairy Assistance Program, a one-time assistance program for swine and dairy producers who suffered a loss due to the shutdowns following the COVID-19 pandemic. A significant number of swine farms have lost contracts and dairies have been forced out of business due to the pandemic.
The $30 million appropriated to NCDA&CS is to provide financial assistance for eligible swine and dairy producers for losses incurred as a result of termination of contracts or ceased milk production due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The application process will be handled in two phases. Phase I application process is currently underway and Phase 2 will be initiated at a later date for the purpose of infrastructure modifications - Information will follow early February 2022 . The first portion of the application is determination of applicant eligibility. All eligible applicants will receive a one-time financial assistance payment of $31,500.
If the applicant/producer has questions about this program or qualifications for the program, please contact the NCDA&CS COVID Assistance helpline at 866-747-9823.
To apply for assistance the applicant/producer will need to complete the online application and submit the appropriate forms listed below.
More detailed information about the program may be obtained through:
- Swine and Dairy COVID Assistance Legislation
- Educational Webinar Recording - December 9, 2021
- Swine Application Example (Link to PDF) – **EXAMPLE ONLY - Applications are only accepted through links below
- Dairy Application Example (Link to PDF) – **EXAMPLE ONLY - Applications are only accepted through links below
- Swine and Dairy COVID Assistance FAQ (pdf document)
- Swine and Dairy Covid Assistance information (printable one-page fact sheet)
To begin your Phase I application click the applicable producer type below:
Producers will need the following to complete the application:
Dairy Application - https://fs4.formsite.com/QopHZM/reuochhndf/form_login.html
Swine Application - https://fs4.formsite.com/QopHZM/2cymswhvwr/form_login.html