FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, AUG. 13, 2013
||Matt Buchanan, manager
N.C. Mountain State Fair
Mountain State Fair music lineup features more than 50 local, regional acts
FLETCHER — The N.C. Mountain State Fair will feature more than 50 local and regional performers during its run Sept. 6-15 at the WNC Agricultural Center.
“We want to highlight the variety of local talent found right here in North Carolina,” said fair manager Matt Buchanan. “From bluegrass and country to rock and funk, there’s something for everyone, and it’s all included with your admission ticket.”
Concerts will take place on the Bojangles Music Stage outside the Davis Event Center. There will be two concerts daily, at 5 and 8 p.m. The lone exception is on Sunday, Sept. 15, when Latin-rock group UltimaNota will perform an extended set at 5 p.m.
The Mountain State Fair also will host the Mountain Music Festival, featuring more than 30 bluegrass bands, clogging groups and dance acts. Shows run daily from 7 to 9 p.m., except for Sept. 8 and 15 when shows run from 5 to 7 p.m. Performances will take place on the Heritage Music Stage near the Boone Building.
All concerts are included with the price of gate admission. Fairgoers can save $2 on admission tickets and 50 percent on ride tickets by purchasing them before the fair. Advance tickets are $6 for adults 13-64, $2 for children ages 6-12 and seniors 65 and older. Groups with 30 or more people can purchase advance tickets for $5 per person. Ride tickets are available in advance for $7.50 for a sheet of 12 tickets.
Advance tickets are on sale at the WNC Agricultural Center, WNC Farmers Market, area Ingles stores and online at www.mountainfair.org.
Following is the list of acts performing on the Bojangles Music Stage:
- Friday, Sept. 6: Lyric, 5 p.m.; The Vinyl Brothers Big Band, 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 7: Nikki Talley, 5 p.m.; City Limits, 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 8: Kontained, 5 p.m.; Carolina Rex, 8 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 9: Emily Bodley, 5 p.m.; Free Flight, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 10: Greywolf, 5 p.m.; Joe Lasher Jr., 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11: 96.5 House Band, 5 p.m.; Leigh Glass, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 12: Sharkadelics, 5 p.m.; Contagious, 8 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 13: Ryan “RnB” Barber, 5 p.m.; Kayla McKinney, 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Michelle Leigh, 5 p.m.; Jody Medford, 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 15: UltimaNota, 5 p.m.