FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, AUG. 30, 2011
Mountain State Fair offers many ways
to save on admission and rides
FLETCHER —Saving money is on many people’s minds today, and with that in mind the N.C. Mountain State Fair has a number of ways fairgoers can do that while enjoying one of Western North Carolina’s premier events.
“Buying ride and admission tickets in advance is one of the easiest ways to save time and money,” said Matt Buchanan, Mountain State Fair manager. “Advance tickets are on sale at participating Ingles, at the WNC Ag Center, at the WNC Farmers Market and online until Sept. 8.”
Adult admission tickets are $6 in advance compared to $7 at the gate. Children and senior tickets are $2 in advance versus $3 at the gate. Ride tickets are $6 in advance, half off the ticket prices during the fair. To order tickets online, go to http://store.mtn-statefair.com/.
For the first time, the Mountain State Far is offering a package for $30 that includes five adult admission tickets, four tickets good for one ride each and discount coupons for savings at eight fair food vendors and the Airport Road McDonald’s. Coupons and tickets are good for any day of the fair.
In addition to advance-sale deals, there are also a number of special offers for different days of the fair. Following is a schedule of the special promotion days:
- Friday, Sept. 9: Free Admission Day until 6 p.m. for grades K-12.
- Monday, Sept. 12: Wristband Day – Ride all day for $18 plus admission.
- Wednesday, Sept. 14: Ingles Day – Free gate admission with five cans of Laura Lynn brand food from Ingles Supermarket.
- Thursday Sept. 15: Wristband Day – Ride all day for $18 plus admission.
- Friday Sept. 16: Senior Citizen Day – Free gate admission for seniors 65 and older, and
the Friday Night Stampede from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. Offers admission and ride wristband for $18.
The N.C. Mountain State Fair runs Sept. 9-18 at the WNC Ag Center. For more information about the fair, contact Ron Stamey at (828) 687-1414.