FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 25, 2010
Matt Buchanan, manager
N.C. Mountain State Fai
Plenty of great deals to be had at the Mountain State Fair
FLETCHER -- Seems like everyone is looking for ways to stretch their money these days. The N.C. Mountain State Fair has put together a number of extra-value admission and ride deals to help fairgoers get the biggest bang for their buck.
“One of the best ways to save money is to buy your admission and ride tickets in advance,” said Matt Buchanan, fair manager. “You can save $1 off every adult, kid or senior citizen admission ticket and $6 off ride tickets in advance. The savings can add up quickly.”
Advance tickets are on sale online through Aug. 31 at www.mountainfair.org. Tickets can also be purchased in advance through Sept. 9 at area Ingles stores, at the WNC Ag Center in Fletcher and the Western N.C. Farmers Market in Asheville.
Fairgoers planning to attend on a certain day may want to check out the following extra-value days:
- Friday, Sept. 10, is Student Day. Students from kindergarten through grade 12 can get in free from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- If someone in your family likes the rides, the fair’s two Wristband Days on Monday, Sept. 13, and Thursday, Sept. 16, may be just the promotion you are looking for. Purchase a wristband on those days and ride all day for $18.
- On Wednesday, Sept. 15, fairgoers can exchange five cans of Laura Lynn brand foods for free admission to the fair on Ingles Day. Food collected will benefit Manna FoodBank.
- Senior citizens 65 and older will get in free on Friday, Sept. 17.
- Also on Friday, Sept. 17, the fair offers its Friday Night Stampede. Admission and an unlimited ride wristband are $18 for late-night visitors from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m.
The Mountain State Fair runs Sept. 10-19 at the Western N.C. Ag Center. For more information, go online to www.mountainfair.org or by calling (828) 687-1414.