FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, MAY 18, 2010
Natalie Alford, public information officer
N.C. State Fairgrounds
N.C. State Fairgrounds set for jam-packed weekend
Boat show, Got to Be NC Festival, Wellness Weekend, horse shows, flea market on tap
RALEIGH — Whether you’re interested in food, music, antique tractors, boats, flea markets, health or horses, you will have plenty of activities to choose from this weekend at the N.C. State Fairgrounds. And all of them offer free admission.
Following is the jam-packed schedule of events:
- The Raleigh Summer Boat Show in the Kerr Scott Building kicks off the weekend at noon on Thursday, May 20, and continues through Sunday at 5 p.m.
- The third annual Got to Be NC Festival runs Friday-Sunday, May 21-23. It will include hundreds of food and commercial vendors, antique farm equipment and carnival rides. The festival will also feature the Amran Shriners Fish Fry on Friday and the Masons’ Carolina Pig Jig on Saturday. Festival hours are 9 a.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday. For more information, visit www.ncagfest.com.
- Music fans attending the festival will want to check out the Geico Triangle Stage near Dorton Arena. On Friday, the Charlie Albertson Band performs at 1 and 3:30 p.m., and the Barn Burners take the stage at 6 and 8 p.m. Jeanne Jolly and North Tower will play four shows on Saturday and Sunday, respectively, beginning at 11 a.m. Other activities in this area include the NASCAR Street Tour and the Water Wars balloon launch.
- WRAL’s Wellness Weekend will take place in the Jim Graham Building from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The event offers dancing, aerobics, health tests and screenings, jazzercising, soccer, rock climbing, a community blood drive and more.
- Wake County 4-H and District 4-H horse shows will take place at the Hunt Horse Complex on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. The events are open to the public.
- Hundreds of Raleigh Flea Market craftsmen and vendors will be open Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Commercial and Education buildings and at various outdoor locations.
Free parking for all events will be available near Gates 9 and 10 along Trinity Road and at Carter-Finley Stadium.
For more information about fairgrounds events, visit www.ncstatefair.org.