FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, AUG. 4, 2009
||Tamara Crain, entries coordinator
N.C. Mountain State Fair
(828) 687-1414; firstname.lastname@example.org
Pony Express provides service for outlying counties to
participate at the Mountain State Fair
FLETCHER — Residents of Western North Carolina living in outlying counties can take advantage of the Pony Express, a free service that will pick up and deliver your Mountain State Fair competitive entries from participating county Cooperative Extension Service offices. Anyone who wishes to use the service should submit their entry before Aug. 14 at one of the participating offices:
- Avery — 805 Cranberry St., Newland; (828) 733-8270
- Cherokee — 39 Peachtree St., Murphy; (828) 837-2210
- Cherokee Reservation — 12 Blythe Hill St., Cherokee; (828) 497-3521
- Graham — 39 S. Main St., Robbinsville; (828) 479-7979
- Jackson — 538 Scotts Creek Rd., Ste 205, Sylva; (828) 586-4009
- Macon — 193 Thomas Heights Rd., Franklin; (828) 349-2046
- McDowell — 60 E. Court St., Marion; (828) 652-7121
- Mitchell — 10 S. Mitchell Ave., Bakersville; (828) 688-4811
- Swain — 60 Almond School Rd., Bryson City; (828) 488-3848
- Watauga — 971 W. King St., Boone; (828) 264-3061
- Yancey — 10 Orchard Dr., Burnsville; (828) 682-6186
Participants should bring non-perishable items to the extension office wrapped, packed securely and ready for transport. Each package should be labeled with the name and county of the entrant and a completed entry form must be included. All entries will be delivered to the Mountain State Fair for judging and display and will be returned to the extension office by Sept. 28. Any prize money won will be mailed directly to the entrant.
A complete premium book with information on all competitions and exhibits at this year’s fair is available at www.mountainfair.org and in print at the WNC Ag Center in Fletcher and the WNC Farmers Market on Brevard Road in Asheville. The Pony Express is a free service by the N.C. Cooperative Extension Service and the Mountain State Fair.
The NC Mountain State Fair takes place at the WNC Ag Center Sept. 11-20. For more information, visit www.mountainfair.org or call (828) 687-1414.