Grilled Garden Pizza
Recipe courtesy of Chef Tim Groody as seen on episode “Carrigan Farms,” Season 2
- Pizza dough stretched thin (1/8th-inch thick)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ pound sliced or grated fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 cup baby greens
- 11 pieces asparagus
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons chopped shallots
Combine all vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
Brush one side of the pizza dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place oiled side down on hot grill. When toasted, move half a turn to produce cross marks on the crust if desired. Flip to a cooler side of the grill when toasted. Brush with olive oil and layer the tomatoes and asparagus on the crust followed by the cheese and basil. Close grill and cook until cheese just melts. Toss the baby greens with vinaigrette to taste. Remove pizza to a cutting board and slice. Cover with salad. Serve & Enjoy!