Pet care tips
Traveling with a pet
- Be sure your pet's vaccinations are up to date.
- Be sure your cat or dog wears a properly fitted collar with a current ID and rabies tag at all times.
- Take a leash with you when you travel.
If a pet must stay behind
- Bring pet indoors well ahead of a storm.
- Do not leave it tied up outside or tied up during a hurricane.
- Leave only dry-type food to discourage overeating.
- Don't leave a cat and dog together, even if they are normally friendly.
- Leave water in bath tub or other sturdy containers that will not spill.
- Provide access to high places, such as countertops, in case flooding occurs.