NCDA&CS hosts ag risk management workshops
The N.C. Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Marketing Division will host a series of free risk management workshops for farmers across the state.
The workshops will cover the following topics: Introduction to Grain Hedging; Basis Trading; Cost of Carry; Cotton Futures; and Options Trading on Futures, Equities and Indices.
There will be an emphasis on the principles of options, spreading strategies and using options to manage financial risk. Energy derivatives traded at the New York Mercantile Exchange will be explained, as well as trading strategies to manage your exposure to energy.
All workshops are scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. and end at 3 p.m., with an “on your own” lunch break.
Following are the dates and locations:
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, Wayne Community College, Dogwood Building, Goldsboro, (919) 735-5151.
- Friday, Feb. 8, Pitt Community College, Leslie Building, Greenville, (252) 321-4200.
- •Wednesday, Feb. 13, College of the Albemarle, Small Business Center, Elizabeth City, (252) 335-0821.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, Halifax Community College, Weldon, (252) 536-7226.
- Wednesday, March 5, Stanly Community College, Locust, (704) 888-8848.
- Friday, March 7, Mitchell Community College, Statesville, (704) 878-3200.
For more information, contact the NCDA&CS Marketing Division at (919) 733-7887.