A native of central North Carolina, Culinary Adventurist and Marketing Home Economist Wendy Perry's professional journey has taken her along many fun and interesting pathways. As the granddaughter of centuries-long farming families and farmland owner herself, she has always held a special place in her heart for the farmers and their families who till the soil and tend their herd, yet are SO under-appreciated! And just loves learning of new products being made here in NC and sharing her finds with others! She is now sowing seed in another direction and offering the skills she has cultivated for over three decades to those growing our dee-lish foods! From marketing plan assistance to web page creation/makeovers and social media, Wendy is your gal!
She was a personal chef for decades, featuring her "Nekkid Throw Cooking" style of showcasing local North Carolina foods... where "Undressed Tastes Best!" She even created a professional association... writing a 15-chapter educational program teaching thousands, both in the US and abroad, how to set up and operate their own personal chef businesses.
For 5 years, Wendy had fun as House Chef, contributing writer, food & prop stylist and recipe developer for Our State Magazine. She has written for and created recipes for many other publications and has represented her business and others on TV appearances... including several commercials for Duke's Mayonnaise. She has appeared on stage at gluten free expos, women and home shows and festivals doing cooking demos and she has developed recipes for companies such as Lowe's Foods, Mann Media, Flavor-NC TV show, Glory Foods, Ford's Produce, Bone Suckin' Sauce, George's BBQ Sauce, Dole Foods, Down Home Magazine, Savory Spice Shop and others... along with many local NC farms. Most recently, we was featured at the Vollmer Farm Blueberry Bluegrass Festival. Wendy has written for and had recipes published in Our State, East Living Magazine, Carolina Country Magazine, Down Home Magazine, NC Coastal Federation Online and others. She has styled food sets for several companies including Our State/Mann Media, Down Home Magazine, Rebecca Lane's Cookbook Tour and My Carolina Today TV Show. Wendy has won cooking contests, finished in top 3 at the International Biscuit Festival in Knoxville... and has herself been a judge a many North Carolina festivals and events, including annually at the NC State Fair, the NC Specialty Foods Association and "Got To Be NC" Competition Dining Series.
Wendy is Social Media Guru for the annual "Dinner In The Meadow" and several NC food products and small farms. She has created events for CEFS (Center for Environmental Farming Services) and offered a "Social Media Basics" presentation at the Franklin County Small Farmers Conference offered by Franklin County Extension.
"I just LOVE touting the goodness
that truly does grow here in North
Carolina in any ways I can! I hope you
will visit my web page to learn more
about the services I can offer your
small farm or foodie business!"
SOCIAL MEDIA ...offering affordable marketing solutions for small farmers and those producing foods and growing commodities in the great state of North Carolina!
RECIPE DEVELOPMENT...Wendy can create value-added products with your farm over-production. She can also assist with food styling and photography of your products!
SQUASH BLOSSOM ADVENTURES...Wendy and her vintage trailer can come to your farm for cooking demos and/or fun photo booth at your farmers' market and social soirees. See her at www.SquashBlossomAdventures.com
FARM FROLICS... planning rustic events and gatherings on farms...
Wendy lives in both Zebulon (Franklin County) and Swansboro/Cape Carteret/Cedar Point (Carteret County) areas! She can help with your web page and social media needs no matter where you are!
...drop by my web site where you will find links to my social media communities along with all the services I have to offer!
SoWcial Media...for NC Edibles & Small Farms
291 Pilot Riley Road
Zebulon, NC 27597
* Social Media Consultation... assessment of your current internet presence along with your business/farm goals and needs to prepare a proposal with recommendations of meeting those goals and how I can accomplish with and for you!
* Creating and/or spiffing up your existing social media profiles to includes ongoing management
* Web page creation or makeover of existing web site
* Creation of/management of your farm/product's newsletter
* Assistance with additional marketing needs as determined during assessment and consultation (ex. logos, business cards, postcard mailers, product cards, recipe cards and more)
* Creating, editing and/or maintaining your listing here on the NCDA General Store site
* Seeking out and listing your company's online sites on complementary sites for increased visibility and profit
* Recipe development and value-added product ideation with your product, commodity or farm goods
* Design of simple farmers' market displays and merchandising that SELLS!
* Farm Frolics... assistance with and implementation of farm related events!