NC Ag Awareness Day - March 20, 2019
Who: NC Farmers, Agribusinesses, Commodities, Universities and Ag students
What: NC Ag Awareness Day
Where: NC State Capital, Bicentennial Mall and Legislative Complex
When: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Why: Educating NC Legislators and lawmakers of the importance of NC Agriculture and how we can grow stronger together.
Be Informed, Be Involved & Be Heard.
- is food, fiber and forestry.
- is farms and communities.
- feeds the world.
- is NC’s #1 industry.
Agriculture’s contribution to the North Carolina economy
- $87 billion industry, 17% of NC’s $522 billion gross state product
- 730,000 jobs, 17% of NC’s workforce
Growing Together and Growing Stronger
- Preserving Farmland and Farm Families
- Protecting our Natural Resources
- Education and Outreach
- Research and Technology Advancements
- Feeding the World for Generations to Come
- Conveys appreciation to NC Legislators for their prior support, and
- Communicates that they consider sensible and fact-based legislation when supporting North Carolina’s #1 industry, Agriculture and Agribusiness.
For additional details and information:
- Watch this site for updates
- Sign-up to receive email notifications. (above)