This section includes resources on how to combat the common vineyard pests and diseases including, how they spread, their effect on vines and strategies for their control.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an ecologically-based management program aimed at reducing unnecessary inputs in crop production and improving overall fruit quality. For information, visit NC State's IPM website or view these attachments:
- N.C. Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services - personnel & information at 919-733-7125 or www.ncagr.com.
- Pesticide label information
- Pesticide container recycling
- Fungicide Spray Recommendations
Calibrating Boom Sprayer | Chemigation Safety | Protecting Farm Family Exposure | Pesticide Safety | Pesticide Spills | Pesticide Storage and Disposal | Recycling Containers | Pesticide Spray Drift | Well Water Safety
Pesticide disposal and pesticide container recycling is essential. Contact the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Resources Pesticide Section at (919) 733-3556 for general information or visit the NCDA website.
For questions about legal disposal options, contact:
William T. McClelland
NCDA Pesticide Disposal Specialist
4000 Reedy Creek Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Worker Protection Standards and OSHA Regulations