The Robert G. Shaw Piedmont Triad Farmers Market is one of four Farmers Markets owned by the STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA and operated by the NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & CONSUMER SERVICE
We are located at:
2914 Sandy Ridge Rd. Colfax, NC 27235
Exit #208 on I-40
(west of Greensboro near the Airport)
Office: 336-605-9157 Fax: 336-605-9401
Open All Year
Robert G. Shaw Piedmont Triad Farmers Market
Friday May 22nd, 2015
General Contest Rules
- All entries must be made with strawberries grown in North Carolina; at least TWO cups of strawberries per recipe. Strawberries need to be one of the main ingredients.
- Judging will be based on the use of strawberries, flavor and quality of baked or prepared product, and overall appearance.
- Recipes become the property of the N. C. Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.
- Recipes need not be original. (If recipe is not original, please include the source on your recipe if you know it.)
- Any recipe containing raw eggs will not be judged.
- All entries must be accompanied by a recipe with complete instructions. Type or write your recipe on an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper with your name, address, and telephone number listed in the upper right corner.
- Recipes must be created and completed at home and brought to the Piedmont Triad Market office located at 2914 Sandy Ridge Road, Colfax. (The office is the first building on the right just as you pass through the gate)
- Recipes should be brought in throwaway containers. It will not be the responsibility of the Market to return any dishes or plates.
Day of Contest
- Entries will be received from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. at the Piedmont Triad Market office.
- Judging will begin at 10 a.m. When judging is complete, prizes will be awarded at the Strawberry Day exhibit in the Farmers Building.
- Flavor of product.
- Appearance and attractiveness.
- Texture/tenderness/quality of finished product.
- Creative use and preparation.
PRIZES PROVIDED BY THE NORTH CAROLINA STRAWBERRY ASSOCIATION
1st Place $100
2nd Place $75
3rdPlace $ 50
Sponsors: North Carolina Strawberry Association
NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Piedmont Triad Farmers Market
For additional information, call Lari at 336-605-9157