2014 Promotion Schedule
The State Farmers Market is conveniently located on I-40 and Lake Wheeler Road, exit 297. Covering 75 acres, the modern facility provides up to 225,000 square feet of covered, climate controlled, all season retail and wholesale spaces. There are special promotions planned throughout the year to bring attention to commodities during the peak of their individual growing season. Here is a list of activities we've got planned.
All dates are tentative. Please call the Market for updates 919-733-7417
Peach Dessert Contest 2014
First Place Winner
Kristie Chern - Durham, NC
Second Place Winner
“Peach Tart with Cashew Pastry Cream”
Val Rayno - Cary, NC
Third Place Winner
“Summer Peach Tiramisu”
Lisa Raschke - Raleigh, NC
Download the winning recipes here!
Thursday July 31st 10am - 1pm
LARGEST WATERMELON CONTEST
1st prize $1,000.00
2nd prize $500.00
3rd prize $300.00
4th prize $200.00
Largest watermelon contest rules:
- One Entry Per Grower.
- Entries Must Be Grown In North Carolina And Grower Must Be Prepared To Identify Area Where Watermelon Was Grown.
- No Decay Or Soft Spots, Trim Stem To 3 Inches
- Winner Determined By Weight.
- Weigh In At 12:00 Noon
- Entries Will Be Accepted Until 11:30am
- All Entries Become Property Of The State Farmers Market.
Free watermelon slices, free recipes,
NC Watermelon Queen, and much more!!
Click here for printable flyer
- Saturday August 16th WPTF Weekend Gardener Show
- Saturday August 16th Honeybee Day
- Friday September 5th Grape Day
- Thursday September 11th NC Seafood Day
- Thursday September 25th Sweet Potato Day
- Thursday October 2nd Apple Day
- Thursday October 9th Great Pumpkin Contest
- Saturday October 11th WPTF Weekend Gardener Show
- Fri./Sat./Sun Nov.7th, 8th, 9th Fall Craft Fair
- Friday November 14th Colossal Collard Day
- Friday November 21st Pecan Day
- December 7th – 13th Week of Giving
- Saturday December 13th WPTF Weekend Gardener Show &
Market Shoppes Open House
Click here for a printable schedule
Return to Raleigh Market Page