|What is avian influenza?||Consumers & Food Safety||Biosecurity||FAQs||Small & Backyard Flocks||Wild birds and hunting||Bird shows/sales|
Information for Small-Flock / Backyard Chicken Owners
- CDC Fact Sheet: Healthy Families and Flocks (PDF)
- NCDA&CS biosecurity poster for feed stores & bird shows (PDF)
- USDA-APHIS Biosecurity guide for poultry and bird owners (PDF)
- USDA-APHIS 6 ways to prevent poultry diseases (PDF English & Spanish)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the 2015 outbreak
- Notification and biosecurity recommendations regarding the continuing outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza for Organic growers (PDF) Updated 2-16-17
North Carolina Poultry Resource and Education Program
The North Carolina Poultry Resource and Education Program (NC PREP) is a voluntary program with the mission of providing educational information to all North Carolina backyard flock owners to improve disease prevention, flock health, and human safety.
There are three participation levels you can be involved in as a member of NC PREP. Each level offers benefits based on the information provided when registering with the program.