It is important to "fuel"
our bodies with food to have lots of energy to learn and play. Eating
a variety of nutritious foods will help us to build strong muscles, bones
and teeth and will also help us to have healthy skin, hair and eyes. Good
eating habits today can prevent us from developing health problems such
as heart disease, strokes, some cancers and can also prevent us from becoming
overweight later in life.
Click on the following topics to learn more about healthy eating habits
Did You Know?
- Unhealthy eating habits are estimated to contribute to 35% of cancer deaths
- For two out of three people who do not drink alcohol or smoke a lot, the single most important choice influencing long-term health is what we eat
- An increase in fruits and vegetables can lower cancer risks and many other diseases
- A high fat intake is associated with cancers of the colon, rectum, breast and prostate
- Fruits and vegetables (except avocados, coconut and olives) are naturally low in fat and calories