On Oct. 15, 2018, the North Carolina General Assembly established the Hurricane Florence Agricultural Disaster Program of 2018, a one-time assistance program for agricultural producers who suffered a loss due to Hurricane/ Tropical Storm Florence. Although the program has been established, assistance will be dependent upon appropriation from the North Carolina General Assembly. The program will be administered by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Information Required for Application:
- Farmers who experienced a verifiable crop or livestock loss because of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Florence, and its remnants located in a NC county that is, or becomes, a Presidentially-Declared or Secretarial- Declared or a Presidential FEMA declared disaster county.
- Commodities planted on or before Sept. 13, 2018 (but not harvested), or aquaculture being raised on or before Sept. 13, 2018.
- Livestock/poultry producers who qualify for and have received payment from the USDA Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP).
Eligible Producers Will Need the Following:
- A Form 578 on file with the USDA Farm Service Agency for USDA reported crops.
- For crops not reported on FSA Form 578, a summary of loss with map and physical address of crops.
- For livestock/poultry loss, a copy of payment or registration of loss for USDA LIP.
- Completed W-9 for producer SSN/EIN.
Farmer Disaster Assistance Webinar: