The Agricultural Water Resources Assistance Program (AgWRAP) was authorized through Session Law 2011-145. The program is administered by the NC Soil and Water Conservation Commission through local soil and water conservation districts.
AgWRAP received $1,000,000 in non-recurring funding through State Appropriations for FY2011-2012, and $500,000 in FY2013. This year, FY2014, AgWRAP received
recurring funding of $500,000 and an additional $500,000 is available for each year of 2013-2015 biennium from Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) settlement funds. These funds will be used to for projects in the following counties: Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, Yancey.
The purposes of the AgWRAP are to:
- Identify opportunities to increase water use efficiency, availability and storage
- Implement best management practices (BMPs) to conserve and protect water resources
- Increase water use efficiency
- Increase water storage and availability for agricultural purposes
PY2014 Applications materials will be posted shortly.
|Online applications submitted
||January 31, 2014 by 11:59pm
|Applications ranked by AgWRAP Review Committee
||March 7, 2014
|Applications considered and approved by the Soil and Water Conservation Commission
||March 19, 2014
Reference for materials required last year - PY2013 Application requirements for new ponds:
- Online application form
- Preliminary pond site assessment form
- Outputs of the Water Needs Assessment Tool for NC
- Applicant signature form