Commissioner Troxler and the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services invite you to attend a listening session with FDA on the recently released proposed fresh produce rule. This is an important opportunity to hear from FDA and ask questions prior to the close of the comment period on May 16, 2013. To view the entire rule and fact sheets provided by FDA, please click on the links below. The session will be streamed live on this website.
The Recording of the NC Listening Session Is now available.
Deputy Commissioner for Foods and Veterinary Medicine
James R. Gorny, Ph.D
Senior Advisor for Produce Safety
PowerPoint Presentation - Proposed Rules under the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- FDA Fact Sheet on Proposed Standards for Produce Safety and other Helpful Information
- How to Comment on the Proposed FSMA Regulations
- NC Listening Session Agenda (Updated)
- Produce Rule at a Glance Exemptions Exclusions
- Produce Rule Fact Sheet
- Produce Rule Subpart Fact Sheets
- Fresh Produce Survey *
* Email the survey to email@example.com